Sunday 25 July 2010

Final Week of the Ulpan pt.1

Hey all,

So this past week a few new things have happend. When I stopped writing last time I wrote about the upcoming game for IF Elfsborg vs. Örebro this game ended 3-3 with Örebro scoring in the last minutes of the game, which sucked. On the other hand Elfsborg just passed through the first stage of the qualification for the European League( former UEFA-Cup), by beating Iskra Stal in two games, 2-1 and 1-0 for an aggregate of 3-1. In the next round they will face a Moldavian team that also should be fairly simple. Okey enough football for a while as it is just not interesting to some of you =)

The Ulpan keeps it pace and I'm learning new things constantly. Its hard and challenging but I can feel how a new world is sort of opening up around me as I now can read and understand most of the signs on stores etc around me. I can also listen into conversations around me and sort of understand what it is about. This week its final week of the July Ulpan so many of my classmates will soon be leaving for home or other missions around the world. The final exam is on thursday and then I have a small break until classes start again sometime the week after, with new classmates and new challenges.

Last friday the final stage of Adi's grandmas funeral was also made. What happend was that the final stone and the engravings were made on the headstone and the final covering stone. The Rabbi read from the holy texts and Adi's father held a speech about his mother that I wish I could have understood more of but the parts I understood were really beautiful and moving.

Last night me and Adi went out to celebrate our 5th month anniversary of being together. We went down to Cinemall in Haifa which is a huge mall with many stores but also has a huge Cinema complex with more then 18 different lounges. We saw Toy Story 3 in 3D which was cool. The plan was also to go out and eat but we felt tiered after the weekend and just grabbed a pizza on the way home and coused up in our couch instead. Ohh and the reason we were tiered from the weekend was that we had Raz here for a visit as she came here on her day off from the CISV Village here. This village is now coming to an end and I know that they have had their ups and downs but in the end they have had an awesome time.

Til next time,
קארל אנדאלן

No comments:

Post a Comment