Tuesday 31 August 2010

Visit, Visa, Voting...

Hey All,

I haven't written in a while so this text might get long as I have to describe the past two weeks and a lot of different things did happen. As I wrote in my last update a friend of mine was coming to visit and sure she did. I picked Ida up in the middle of the night from the Haifa train station after she had travelled for almost a day as it was the cheapest flight. When she was here we did many different things like visiting the beach, going to Jerusalem and hiking to the spring here in the Carmel Park in Haifa. We also talked a whole lot about what had happend in our lives over the past month and just regular things that we usually discuss. Ida stayed for a week and did a lot of tanning and sitting out in the warm weather that Sweden seemed to have been without this summer. She left a little reder, warmer and charged up for a cold fall in Sweden.

Last week Adi also had her birthday on the 26th of August. Some days before that Adi had invited some friends for a bbq and I was in charge of the grilling itself and after som assistance from Nir we managed to grill all the 6 kgs of meet that we had and everybody seemed delighted with the food so we were happy. During the evening we ate and talked and had a lot of fun. On the birthday it self me and Adi went to her pizzeria that makes gluten-free pizzas here in Haifa, we grabbed the pizza and took it to a lookout out point in the Carmel Park and had a nice lunch. Later in the evening I took Adi to nice restaurant here in Haifa called Bazarella translated into englis it becomes something like Meatarella basically a nice meat restaurant. We had a really nice meal and an awesome evening.

The day before we also had our 6 months anniversary and as a nice gift the Interior Ministry decided to give me a work-visa for a year YEAY! So now Im looking for a job on a bigger scale. I also printed some pictures of us and got a nice picture frame to put them in so now we have more nice pictures of us on the wall. On the 25th we also went to Adi's cousins "Henna"-prewedding party that is a tradition for Moroccan Jews. It was a party with good food, lots of loud music and interesting clothes and of course the Henna. The tradition is that you put the Henna on your hand and tie a bow around it in celebration of the couple and I still have a big brown blob in the middle of my right hand and its going to stay like that for a while.

On friday me and Adi drove to Tel Aviv to visit Raz and Nir but also to pick up Moti and Maya from the airport on the saturday as the trains were not running. In Tel Aviv as it was Sabbat not a lot of stores or restaurants were open and no buses were running so in the evening when me and Adi wanted a dinner we went on a little excursion from Raz's apartment to an open resturant, the walk there took around 1 hour but we got a really nice meal and good evening out of it and btw....we took the cab back. The next day we went to Nir's place watched a movie and hung out and then went Ben Gurion Airport to pick up Moti and Maya. Yesterday I went to Tel Aviv to vote in the upcoming Swedish elections. I voted at the embassy and all went well, I also gave them my CV hoping they have a job for me, fingers crossed. The night before a guy also called me about a job so I went from Tel Aviv to Herzliya for a job interview and all went well and later in the week they will call me back and we'll see what happens.

On another note the first EL-game vs Napoli went well only a 1-0 loss in Italy but in the return game in Sweden again Napoli won and the final aggregate of the two games were 3-0 and Elfsborg is out of the Euro-league and now the focus has to move to Allsvenskan and aim high for a another shoot for in a Euro League next year. Last week I also had my last lesson and test in the Ulpan at the University so now I'm back to learning hebrew on my own. The Ulpan thought me a whole lot and I'm going to build on it.
Til you read again,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment