Sunday 13 June 2010

Bachelor Party and other fun things...

Hey all,

So another week has passed here in Haifa and some news things have happend. When I stopped writing last time I told you I was heading to Tel Aviv for a musical and here the story of what happend. I took the bus to the train station with the help of map that Adi made for me, some broken hebrew also helped me buy a bus ticket. The train to Tel Aviv take around 1 hour when I got there Raz picked me up and we went to pick up our tickets and get some food. Like a half hour before the show Adi came to join us. If you havent seen Avenue Q, which was the name of the musical, you should its awesome! The characters are hilarious and songs are lots of fun. Razs boyfriend Nir played two of roles and did an awesome job. Me and Adi spent the night on Nir's couch and in the morning Adi went to her base while I was still sleeping. When Raz woke me up it was around 11 and we had to leave as she had to get to work and I needed to go back to Haifa. On my way to train station I texted Adi and we decided to have lunch together before I left. It was really nice. Later I took the train back to Haifa and again with some broken hebrew I managed to catch the right bus to Denia, the part of Haifa were we live.

On Wednesday I was back in Tel Aviv as I needed a doctor to fill out a medical form for my application to the Summer Ulpan at the Haifa University. We tried finding doctors that could do it in Haifa but no luck, they were either to greedy or didn't have the possibility to do it. Maya drove me and Adi to Tel Aviv as she needed to go to the American Embassy to get a travel-visa for an upcoming trip to Alaska. Before Maya was finished at the Embassy me and Adi could have lunch again in Tel Aviv =)

On friday I went to the Kineret with Shay and some of his friends for his Bachelor Party. We put up some tents and got a a bbq going just on the beach of the Kineret. The Kineret is the biggest fresh water lake in Israel and it was nice to swim in water that was not salty. The night was spent eating and drinking and having a really nice time talking about many different things and the upcoming wedding on thursday. On Saturday morning we drove back to Haifa and came just in time for Shabbat-lunch =) The rest of the day me and Adi spent cleaning the AC in our room that has started to leak water for some reason, however cleaning it did not solve the problem, sitting in this room without and AC almost makes me wish that we could borros some winter winds from Sweden to cool down.

Today I also finalized and handed in my application to join the Summer Ulpan at the University of Haifa. During an Ulpan you learn hebrew but also about the life and culture here in Israel. Hopefully I'll be accepted and then classes would start on the 5th of July. As most of you know I also enjoy watching and playing football and now as the World Cup has started I'm glued to the tv whenever there is a game on Today im planning on watching Algeria vs. Slovenia, Serbia vs. Ghana and later in the evening Germany vs. Australia.

Til you read again,
Have fun,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment