Sunday 6 June 2010

Back in Israel =)

Hey All,

So now after little more then a week in Sweden I'm back in Haifa together with Adi =). The trip here was an interesting one, I took the plane from Gothenburg to Riga in Latvia. Latvia is a place I've never been to before but just visiting the airport doesn't count as a visit to the country in my book, so you could say I spent 7 hours in limbo. After a longtime at the airport we boarded the plane to Tel Aviv and landed at 4.10 am local time. Adi was at the airport to pick me up and we took the train to Haifa and slept for a few hours and then headed out to do some errands. Yesterday we went and visited Raz to hang out and get some dinner which was really nice.

Its interesting to be back in this place considering what has been going on the past weeks in waters outside of Gaza and Israel. The news you read in Sweden and the news you read here are very different also the discussions about what really happend and what was/is right and wrong are also different. Its hard for me to keep my head straight in this mess but one thing is for sure I really don't envy the people who are really caught up in this mess.

Today I'm going to take care of some things that were left behind when I left and maybe ill go for a run since the sun is actually covered by some clouds. Tomorrow I'm going to Tel Aviv to watch a musical play called Avenue Q with Raz and some other friends, unfortunately Adi cant come which sucks. I'm also looking into applying for the Summer Ulpan here at the Haifa University to learn hebrew and some more about this country. Also today is the 6th of June =) Happy Independence Day Sweden!

Til you read again,
Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment