Sunday 16 May 2010

Talking Swedish...

Hey all,

So another week has passed...time seems to fly over here and in like a week I'll be flying back to Sweden for visit =) This week Adi has been coming home everyday sense she has finally got her military-job. She will be working from a base in Tel Aviv and go back and forth everyday until we might find another solution.

Tonight I will listen in to another football game the one vs. GAIS. The last game I wrote about vs. Mjällby didn't go so well but the last one vs. AIK was a brilliant victory 4-0. Another good story comes from the other side of the Atlantic, my favorite hockey team of all time Montreal Canadiens have been bashing the former champions Pittsburgh Penguins and the presidents trophy's champions Washington Capitals and they are now in the finals of eastern conference vs. the Philly Flyers.

On friday me and Adi took the car and drove to a neighborhood close Jerusalem to view some art and speak swedish =) We found this event on Facebook and decided to go. It was an open house event and one of the houses we visited was owned by a swedish family so I got to talk swedish and we also had swedish-fika (some waffles and dammsugare). It was really nice and I got to talk to the family about their history, how they moved to Israel in the late 1940s, got offered jobs in Sweden in the 1960s and then later the family moved back to Israel in different steps. We also saw some pretty paintings, photos and sculptures. When we got back home we took a nap and later we met up with Raz and headed out to really nice bar in downtown Haifa, it was really cosy and sort of irish inspired which made me think back to the time I spent in Ireland.

Today I was running on the beach-sidewalk which was better for my knee then running on the sand as I used to. On another note while we were at the beach we saw a thermometer and the summer is really on its way here or what else would you call a rise from 23 to 28 degrees between 7.30 to 8 am in the morning =) Now I'm happy that I'm inside and the AC is on.
Til you read again,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment