Sunday 14 March 2010

CISV Israel JB-MInicamp

Hey again,

Yesterday me and Adi came back from a nice weekend with the JB chapters of CISV from Tel Aviv and Haifa. We were some 30 ppl between the ages of 16-24 that all gathered to see what could be done about the JB in Israel and what they could bring with them to IJBM later this year. For me it meant except for a lot of hebrew (and awesome translators thanks again!) and new ppl, that I got to reunite with some of the awesome people from last summers seminar here. I met Dani(who has a birthday today so....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!), Gal and Gil so together with me and Adi we had sort of a mini-reunion =) During this weekend I also learned that CISV Israel's JB works differently from the JB I remember being a part of some years ago in Sweden, but they seemed to have a good handle on it...as far as I could understand.

Today me, Maya (Adi's mom) and her father (Adi's grandfather) went to the Interior Ministry to get new id's and passports but also to figure out what I need to do to get a work visa, it turned out to be pretty simple but its gonna take a "long" time before I can get one...so I might be staying here for sometime =) sorry swedes...or anyone else missing me, but guess what...you can come visit! we'd love some visitors =)

One another note....they have awesome Sushi in this town, which is maybe not the first thing you think of when you think of Haifa or Israel for that matter. But there again its a coastal town so why not.

til you read again,
KHL,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment