Saturday 27 March 2010

Football, music, Tel Aviv

Hey all,

So I havent written in a while cause not a lot has happend since the last time I wrote. On sunday night Shay (Adi's brother) and his fiance, Danit took me to a bar where some old classmate of them was performing. They hadn't seen him in many years so it was a happy evening full of good music and nice stories.

On monday night something happend that I wish I could have seen live...IF Elfsborg( swedish football team for those who dont know) totaly ran over the opposing team Halmstad, 6-0 was the final score, a sweet revenge for the 0-0 game last weekend. This time the Swedish Radio broadcast also worked perfectly so I could enjoy the entire game. Earlier that day I had gone on a job interview in Tel Aviv and it all went well. I will need to wait for my Work-visa to start work anywhere so right now I'm just browsing the market.

The rest of the week just kind of went on by...I studied some hebrew, went running and did some laundry. Yesterday afternoon Adi came back after some days at her base where she has her course that will teach her all she needs to know. So me, Adi and Raz went out to grab some dinner and play some pool. Today was as any other saturday which means lunch with all the relatives =) and after a lot of food a well needed nap.

As you might have read or heard from tv-news or read in newspapers there is a fairly good deal of things going on in this country in the past weeks, just some examples: the UK has basically said that the Mossad(israeli secret service) are responsible for the murder of a highly ranked Hammas member in Dubai, the talks that Obama and Netanyahu ended in nothing and yesterday there was a heavy gunfight in the border area of the Gaza strip with both Hamas and IDF soldiers killed. These are things that I react to fairly strongly as they are not common for me, while the people around seems to see it as "another day" in Israel. Its going to be interesting to see how long its going to take me to react in the same way or if it will always keep thinking and wondering.

On another note I just finished listening to Kalmar - Elfsborg, 2-2 was the final result apparently not a fair result again. I say apparently as I missed parts of the game due to an again semi-working Swedish Radio broadcast. Hmmm....maybe there is a link between a good broadcast and winning and crappy broadcasts and "losing".

Til you read again,
Carl





Me and Adi at the PoolHall =)

No comments:

Post a Comment