Saturday 6 March 2010

Family Dinner and pool

Hey again,

So its the end of the weekend here in Haifa, tomorrow everyone is of to work, school or army. I will continue to study hebrew, yesterday I bought another learning book to add to the computerprogram that I have used so far. The book is great it has all the words in english and what all the hebrew letters sound like and how they are written in print and regular.

Today Adi's grandma,grandma and grandpa was here for family dinner which is common thing here in Israel I've learnt. On the saturday you gather all the family members you can and cook alot of good food, I've been full now for almost 6-7 hours. We also used their new grill for the first time as we grilled some nice pieces of kebab, burgers and meet. Most of the older generation here that I've met dont speak english but many of them speak german which is the way for me to talk to them, so not only will I learn a new language but I will also hopefully get to use and improve my german skills.

Last night me, Adi and some of our friends went to a pool-hall to play some pool and drink some Goldstar( local israeli-beer). Me and Adi won one of our three matches, I didn't remember that I was that bad at pool... maybe my skill will come back to me after som practice. Now I'm of to bed, tomorrow holds more lessons in Hebrew and celebration at Adi's base as they finnish the first part of their training.

Laila tov,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment